Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yoga - Just Like A Therapist

Hey all,
Hope you all are enjoying this wonderful weekend...I know I am...we just got home from Florida and the weather is much cooler than before!! WOOHOOO for leggings, Uggs, & hot, instead of iced, white chocolate mocha's...haha I know getting a bit ahead of myself but ahhhh can't wait!

I want to share something with you all that I am now kind of obsessed with....YOGA!! OMG I am in love with it!! I feel like it is going to see a therapist...when I leave that class I am so refreshed and relaxed...it is AMAZING! I typically do not do a whole lot to "relax" and that is just simply because my mind is always running and running & I can never make it stop. My hubs got me a massage once because I had never had one, I knew better than to try one but I humored him & went because it was a sweet gesture, but sadly I could not relax until about 5 min before it was over and then I was just pissed off that the massage was over so needless to say I haven't had one & wasted $$ on one since. (now it could've been that my first massage was from a man & he started massaging my butt ha but that is besides the point because regardless I don't think I could've emptied my mind) Yoga is something that I urge everyone to try AT LEAST ONCE!! For me I find myself emptying my mind for once and I don't know if it is because I am concentrating on the motions & breathing (which is the point) or what it is that allows me to clear my head but either way I LOVE IT!! At the end I must admit that when they are talking about waking up for the second time of the day & the rebirth is a bit odd to me; however, I think that is because by the end of class when we are supposed to be laying and relaxing I am already back in ME mode and can't make my mind stop but I am sure I will get used to that & after a little more background research on Yoga I am sure I will understand all of it. I have only been taking this for about a month but if I could do it everyday I would!! I am curious to try Pilates which I have heard is just like Yoga but works the core more but then I fear that I will loose my "relaxation" so for now I will keep on taking my Yoga & maybe one day try Pilates because I love trying new things!!


haha here is a picture of me in FL, pretending to practice my Yoga while fishing ;)

Have any of you all tried Yoga, Pilates, or both?? What are your thoughts on the differences?!

XOXO,
Meg



3 comments:

  1. Ha ha impressive. You can fish and do yoga at the same time. I'm impressed. Hallelujah for fall!

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)) very nice! I see you really enjoy your life. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog and I'm hearting it!!

    Cute pic lol! I loooove yoga! Best part of my day :)

    xo Danielle

    www.deathbyshoe.com

    ReplyDelete